Skip navigation

Serving the Greater Tacoma Area

Serving the Greater Tacoma Area

Menu

Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors in Tacoma, WA

We’ve been told our entire lives about the dangers of not having a smoke detector in your home. In fact, it’s illegal not to. Along with them, however, you need to consider the danger of carbon monoxide. In fact, carbon monoxide poisoning is the leading cause of poisoning deaths in the U.S. Anyone with a gas-burning appliance, such as a furnace, needs to also have a carbon monoxide detector installed in their home.

Our licensed electricians take carbon monoxide detection very seriously. That’s why we provide carbon monoxide detector installation, as well as smoke detector installation, to ensure the safety of Tacoma, WA residents. Installing detectors may sound like a simple task, but a good installation can go a long way in keeping you safe. We can hardwire your carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms directly into your home, supply them with backup batteries, and will even install different types depending on where they’re installed in the home.

Contact our Tacoma electricians today to schedule an installation for carbon monoxide and smoke detector installation. Wireworx Electric and Miller Comfort Systems, Together We Enlighten Your Climate.

Our electricians are the same ones you've worked with since 2006 under the reputable name of Wireworx Electric.

Call Today: 253-536-5934

How Dangerous is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide detection is not something we can do on our own. After all, it’s a tasteless, odorless, and colorless gas. The only way to detect it is with a properly installed carbon monoxide detector. This is why it’s crucial that your carbon monoxide detectors are regularly tested, as well as ensure that your detector is of high quality.

Although there are physical symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, such as headaches, weakness, and nausea , the fact is that many carbon monoxide related deaths occur during sleep. While scary to think about, it’s something that can be easily prevented with a proper carbon monoxide detector installation.

Preventing Carbon Monoxide Leaks in Your Tacoma, WA Home

Most carbon monoxide leaks happen due to appliances that are not properly maintained. These systems may develop problem areas that lead to carbon monoxide leaking into the home instead of venting outside the home.

Carbon monoxide leaks can occur in any appliance that burns fuel, such as in the case with gas appliances. Stoves, gas-powered clothes dryers, water heaters, furnaces, and gas or wood fire places are a few examples. But the true danger develops when the carbon monoxide is not properly vented out of the home. In gas furnaces, this may present itself as an issue with the flue pipe or heat exchanger.

Don’t Forget About Your Smoke Detectors

Having smoke detectors installed in your home is required by law. Whether you’re building a new home or are moving into an old one, you need to ensure that all the living spaces, hallways, stairways, and garages are equipped with working smoke detectors. If you leave it up to Miller Comfort Systems, we’ll help you by installing your detectors in all the most strategic locations. Smoke detector replacement is just as important, too, so make sure to test them regularly.

A great way to ensure that your detectors work is by having them hardwired into the electrical system. This will also ensure that if one detector sounds the alarm, the rest of them will too. This is useful in homes with multiple floors and rooms.

Yamaha Lutron Lighting Controls Goodman Leviton Honeywell Generac Nest Pro Daikin Comfort Pro GE Ring